During the past year, how many qualified leads have you attracted with your marketing…and then lost due to missed calls or a slow legal intake process? If your answer is “I don’t know” or “More than zero,” then your answer may as well be “too many.” Personal injury leads have a very short shelf life – a prospect can potentially be worth thousands of dollars for the next hour, and then worth absolutely nothing because the prospect has already called your competitor and gotten a live response.
What are you going to do about it?
Improve Your Legal Intake With this Communication Checklist.
Last month we talked about improving the quality of leads—and the efficiency of your marketing budget—through strategic marketing planning and focusing on the right legal intake metrics. Now we’re going to talk about how to ensure you don’t lose any of those leads to your competition.
Callers want to be able to reach you on demand, but your time is the only thing you have to sell.
How can you possibly meet this expectation… immediately… in an affordable way?
Never lose another qualified lead to your competition.
- Strategize your marketing to improve the quality, not just the quantity, of incoming calls. This will reduce the amount of valuable time your staff spends on unqualified leads, freeing up resources to respond immediately to the good prospects.
- Review your process for qualifying leads so your legal intake staff can quickly prioritize and spend their valuable time on the best prospects.
- Provide prospects with a variety of mediums (e.g., website form, e-mail, phone, etc.) to contact you and get an immediate response.
- Make sure prospects can always speak with someone “live” rather than being dumped into voice mail.
- If you have multiple office locations and telephone numbers, be sure to provide a 24-hour centralized toll-free hotline so prospective clients don’t have to figure out where to call when they need help.
- Consider using a live answering service staffed with trained professionals who are experienced in handling legal intakes and are trained to qualify and prioritize leads according to your process.
This blog was written by Laurie Leonard, the President of SUITE 1000, a U.S. based national telephone answering service, inbound call center and outsourced call center service. Her company has specialized in handling legal intake, sales leads, email lead response, appointment scheduling, customer service and help desk calls for over 20 years.